Reports to: Managing Director
The position is responsible for the development and management of an Innovative, growth focused commercial strategy focusing primarily on new product areas and emerging markets to drive profitable business growth and is accountable for the achievement of revenue budgets through defined distribution channels to facilitate achievement of the overall budget.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the overall company’s strategic plan.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the long-term commercial strategy and annualmarketing plans
- Understand the value drivers of the business and identify profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Responsible for leading product or service development, from innovation through to successful implementation across each business function and positioning of the products to the market
- Build a sustainable, cost effective, impactful approach to customer acquisition, servicing model and retention.
- Responsible for growth of emerging markets and distribution channels
- Assessing the risks to the business of any new commercial opportunities
- Implement a cash and carry culture at the point of business acquisition on retail business and structuredcredit approval on corporate business to build liquid reserves.
- Undertake market research, analyse, and produce business plans/recommendations including costs and forecasted revenue for the business, to ensure that all business development opportunities are optimized.
- Responsible for strengthening relationships with current strategic partners and assessing potential to develop new partnerships with sector specialists
- Continually conduct market intelligence research to keep abreast with current market trends, competitor activities and customer requirements.
- Conducting regular reviews with customers, to ensure that their needs are being met and developing improvements on services for the customers
- Develop a marketing and PR initiatives calendar to support the achievement of sales targets and increase in brand visibility
- Responsible for Communication to all major stakeholders (internal and external) to achieve business objectives
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Organize forums to train the sales team, intermediaries and clients and engage on company updates
- Oversee the execution of Marketing, PR & communication plans with clear ROI outcomes.
- Responsible for the achievement of the overall company revenue targets as per the set portfolio mix.
- Build and regularly review the business portfolio mix ratio for balanced revenue growth and profitability on all product lines.
- Map the company’s footprint and systematically advance the product and service distribution network
- Assess, build, and manage an array of necessary alternative distribution channels capable of delivering on the company’s growth goal.
- Embed a cross-sell strategy to capitalise on existing customers and to deepen share of wallet.
- Plan and execute all digital marketing with clear measurement on performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI)
Reporting and Talent management
- Responsible for Collating and analyzing business data pertaining to all commercial activities
- Develop and implement systems of tracking and evaluating financial and non-financialbenefits of Marketing and CSR initiatives
- Forecast and achieve annual revenue and expenditure targets in line with the strategic plan.
- Design and maintain a responsive departmental structure for the division
- Manage the day-to-day growth, development, deployment, and engagement of the team.
- Maintain sales discipline and integrity in the sales and business processes, maintain high motivational levels and ensure individual growth for salespeople within the team
- Working with all members of staff to maintain and develop a positive progressive culture
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors/Master’s Degree in a business-related field
- ACII/AIIK Certification
- Over 8 years of relevant experience in business development, sales, marketing in a senior role within the insurance industry.
- Documented and verifiable track record in leading a commercial segment of a business with demonstrable profitable growth.
- Innovative with a deep understanding of the digital landscape and how customer journeys impact the buying decision.
- Commercial astute and customer focused
- Ability to build strong external relationships to enhance and strengthen the company profile
- Ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team to provide high quality service
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Numerate with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven networking and relationship building skills
- First Class presentation skill
How to Apply
Qualified persons may submit their applications and updated CVs quoting the position applied for to email@example.com latest 8th December 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted