JOB ADVERT FOR AN OPERATIONS MANAGER
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church Ruiru Self-help Group is a registered agent under the Archdiocese of Nairobi Social Promotion Registered Trustees with the mandate of enhancing economic empowerment of communities within Ruiru and its environs by evangelization, pooling together resources, provision of affordable credit, training and technical support through efficient and effective coordination. The self-help group operates in Ruiru, Kiambu area at the St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church Ruiru.
To enhance the operations of the self-help group, the management committee is pleased to advertise for the position of an operations manager with the following specifications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the strategic growth and day to day operational functions of the group.
- Report key results to the Board of Management and the group employe.
- Promotion of a saving culture.
- Maintain quality services by establishing and enforcing institutional standards.
- Participate in formulation and implementation of relevant marketing strategies for the organization including plans for new member recruitments, building and maintaining the organization’s corporate brand image.
- Network and engage with a wide range of stakeholders to create demand and uptake of the Organization’s products and services.
- Contribute to the production and distribution of relevant marketing materials e.g. Brochures, Flyers, posters, e-newsletter, annual reports etc.
- Developing sales goals and targets for the organization and ensuring they are met.
- Develop and continuously review policies and procedures to ensure Compliance to.
- Approve Member and bank transactions within authority limits.
- Supervise, coach, and develop staff regarding service expectations, policies, procedures, products, systems and banking transactions
- Facilitate regular team meetings focused on service and product training.
- Prepare staff performance appraisals and disciplinary notices if needed.
- Ensure audit controls are followed to protect the group from unnecessary risk and exposure.
- Support compliance with regulatory guidelines including Self-help Programme Guidelines
- Participate in community organizations and activities to enhance the group’s image and develop additional business and referral sources.
- Answering customer queries regarding the group operation and status of their accounts.
- Support audit activities
- Ensure client data is protected from the public and secured against fraud by enforcing access rights and verification levels
- Develop financial back up plans to protect business operations in the event of major crises that could result in huge loss.
- Collaborate with heads of other units to devebp best practices for successful banking operations
- Delegate tasks to members of the operations team.
- Any other responsibility as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- CPA K
- Degree in Business related field preferably business administration/bachelor of commerce from a reputable institution.
- Diploma in public relations and human resource management will be fm added advantage
- Diploma in cooperative management will be an added advantage
- Proficiency in computer applications
- 5 years’ relevant experience preferably marketing brand management or relationship management in a financial institution.
- Master’s degree in business/management related field will be an added advantage.
- Conversant with accounting systems.
- Administrative skills.
- Age of 35 years and above.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the management through firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th March 2023 clearly indicating the position being applied for and the name of the self-help group in the subject of the email.